2010 year was the Year of the Metal Tiger and was the 27th year in the 60 year cycle. The last Year of the Metal Tiger was in 1950 and before that 1910. The Year of the Metal Tiger is also known as The Year of the White Tiger.
Well known people born in The Year of the White Tiger, include:
- William Hurt American actor, born March 20, 1950
- Stevie Wonder American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and record producer, born May 13, 1950
- Bill Murray American actor, born 21 September 1950
- Bernie Taupin, American songwriter, born 22 May 1950
- Cybill Shepherd, American actress, born 18 February 1960
- Christina Onassis, Greek heiress, born 11 December 1950, died 19 November 1988
- Bonnie Parker, American outlaw, born 01 October 1910, died 23 May 1934
- Cyril Cusack, Irish actor, born 26 November 1910, died 07 October 1993
- Jack Hawkins, English Actor, born 14 September 1910, died 18 July 1973
Silver is believed to be particularly lucky for people born in The Year of the White Tiger.
White Tiger tattoos offer a unique variation on the more usual Tiger tattoo design. The tiger has long symbolised strength and power, particularly in Asian culture and religion, but white tigers have even greater charisma and mystique due to the fact that they are extremely rare.
White Tigers are seldom found in the wild because it is difficult for them to remain camouflaged when hunting and they are easily spotted by their prey. Survival is extremely difficult for them. The majority of those seen in captivity have been born as the result of callous in-breeding.
A White Tiger tattoo could express your own uniqueness or even affirm that, like the White Tiger in the wild, you are a survivor of a life long struggle. Or you may choose a White Tiger tattoo because of their simple beauty.