I wanted to draw your attention once again to the concept of promoting your business with Squidoo as a marketing too. This is an idea that is not really new, but that Squidoo is promoting themselves right now. We all need ways to promote ourselves when we are in business, and using every low cost or free promotional tool is always a good idea, but even a better one now when the economy is slow, and money is tight all the way around. Squidoo has given us another example of how a brick and mortar business can be promoted using lenses in the SquidU Blog post Salons and Spas: We want YOU. This example is for salons and spas and how to help promote them.
To give you another example of how this can be used, I have created one of these types of lenses for my brick and mortar store, Lake Erie Artists Gallery. The lens is directed to bring people’s attention to the fact that I am moving to a new location, however you can do the same thing for an existing business. My example, Lake Erie Artists Gallery at Shaker Square, gives information about the gallery and the new location that will not be on my website. It approaches the marketing of the store from a different angle than I do in the regular website. The lens is much more about the move to the new location and the background on where we are moving to, while my regular website is more about the items we sell. How can you as a lensmaster use this to your advantage?
- If you have a separate business of your own, you can do what I have done and create one or more lenses about it.
- You can ask businesses in your area if you can create a lens for them for a price.
- You can create similar type lenses for affiliate companies that you sell for.
- You can use this same set up to create lenses about non-profit agencies in your area to help promote them.
- Or you can do a broader lens about your neighborhood or small town to promote the entire area for travelers to the region.
- Can you think of any other uses for this type of lens?