Amazon without a doubt is the most used affiliate program on Squidoo. The potential for earnings here can be big if you can target just the right buyers and give them exactly what they’re looking for. Of course, the earnings can also be weak to none. It all depends on search engine optimization and choosing the right product to promote. From there, it depends on how well you can “sell” the item. Are you giving readers a compelling reason to buy from you? Do they trust what you’re saying? Make them feel as comfortable as possible by providing them with as much original information as you can, so they can make an educated decision right on your lens without going anywhere else. Last, but not least, are you making it easy for your buyers to click through to Amazon? Here are ten ways that you can increase Amazon sales on Squidoo. Try utilizing some of these techniques and see if your earnings get a little boost.
1. Use the sidebar widgets on every lens. If you have older lenses that don’t have Amazon sidebar widgets, or you simply never added them, go back and add them in. They convert very well and often times are above the fold or just about at the top of the page.
2. Remove non-performing Amazon modules and replace them with a single Amazon Spotlight module. Even if you haven’t personally used the product, read the reviews and then tell the reader the benefits that product might have in relation to the topic of the lens.
3. Any non-product oriented niches can most likely be monetized, too, and not just with Amazon modules. Try creating a whole separate lens featuring a gift list or recommended products. For example, if you’re writing in the homeschooling niche, write a lens on “the top ten gifts for homeschool moms.” Here’s an actual example: The Top Gifts for Travelers lens, which I made to funnel people from my road trip/travel lenses to this page.
4. Add in Amazon modules on every single lens that you have. Sure, those tutorials may not seem like anyone might buy from them, but that’s not exactly true. Even if it’s only an extra .50 cents per lens per month, that can add up when you have hundreds of Squidoo lenses. Usually the Amazon Spotlight module works best, but there are other options like the Amazon MP3 and Amazon Plexo, which you can create once and add across multiple lenses.
5. Place Amazon modules in other places besides below the guestbook or near the bottom of the page. If you’d like a higher conversion rate, consider placing them near the top of the page.
6. Fill out the description for all of your Amazon modules with hand crafted testimonials and product features. Writing about your own personal experience with the product, not to sound like a broken record, really seems to have the best results.
7. Link to the Amazon module across your lens. You can link to a module by adding a table of content module, publishing, then copying and pasting that URL wherever desired, or you can use the SquidUtils Extension to make linking to a specific module much easier, even in the workshop.
8. Use SquidUtils banners and poster linking features to add large photos to your lens featuring a selection of products, or just one specific product. These can highlight additional products, and not take as high of a percentage as Squidoo does (SquidUtils takes 1 in 10 impressions).
9. Replace your best performing Amazon modules with a Text Module with your own Amazon affiliate code and image. This can double your earnings with Amazon, and get you into the habit of using your own affiliate code instead of Squidoo’s.
10. Create your own banners linking to specific pages on Amazon, searches, or to a product. Images can create a lot of interest, not just text.
If you’re looking to increase your sales with other ecommerce sites, also read:
Image credit: epSOS.de